The automatic repair option in Windows 8 is very much useful functionality which allows even a beginners to quickly repair the Windows 8 within few minutes. To prepare Windows 8 for automatic repair follow the steps provided in this tutorial
Accessing Automatic Repair Menu
1. Press F8 while booting the system to go into Windows Recovery Menu. Then click on the Troubleshoot.
2. Next, to get Automatic Repair Menu click on the Advanced options.
3. Next, select Automatic Repair.
4. Next, select the account.
5. Next, type your password in next screen.
6. Next, Windows will search for problem and will correct automatically. If problem still persist then you may have to re-install your Windows 8.
You should always try to use Automatic repair utility if your system crashes just before planning to re-install the Windows 8.