Turn Features Off: How to disable Windows 8 metro style desktop
If you are facing difficulty getting used to the new Metro style Windows 8 desktop. Don’t worry, you can disable it.
Disable Windows 8 metro style desktop
The new Metro Style desktop is the biggest feature offered by Windows 8. It is a bit difficult for the traditional windows users to get used to it especially the desktop users. If you are facing difficulties navigating through it, disabling it might be an option. Follow the steps below to learn how to disbale Metro Desktop.
1. In the Metro Start Menu, click on the lower left corner. The Start menu pops up. Click on Search.
2. In the Apps Search Box, type regedit and press enter.
3. The Registry Editor opens. Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer. The name value pairs will be displayed.
4. Right click on RPEnabled and select Modify.
5. Changing the value to 0 will disable the Metro style desktop. Click OK when done.
The Metro Style desktop is an admirable addition for tablets and other touch based computing devices by Microsoft on the other hand, one may easily disable this feature as well.