Simple How-to: flip screen or use portrait mode in Windows 8 (turning it upside-down)
If you, for some reason, want to flip your screen or use the portrait mode, then read this simple how-to.
There are various reasons why someone might want to flip the default orientation of their computer screens. It could be because the monitor is more convenient to keep upside down, or someone might want to flip it sideways for advertising, reading, or maybe some other purposes. It’s very easy to flip your screen the way you want to. Here, follow the instructions.
0. Hit Windows key + E to open the Windows Explorer
1. Go to Control Panel by Clicking Computer Shortcut on Desktop and then clicking Open Control Panel, from the top taskbar.
2. Click on the Display icon. Make sure that the Small Icons view is shown in the Views by category.
3. Once the display window is open, select the Adjust resolution link in the upper left of the display window.
4. You will find the Orientation option on the right side of the window. Click on the flip option in this menu because you have now 4 choices from which you would be able to select. You would be asked to Keep changes or Revert. Make sure to select the one that suits you best.
If you are comfortable then proceed with screen orientation, or otherwise it would be next to impossible to use your system afterwards in an awkward way.