Steps to recover a picture password
1. First, download and install ISO2Disc utility from
It will allow you to burn ISO file to USB flash drive or to CD/DVD.
2. After installation, launch ISO2Disc by clicking Finish button.
3. Download and save the Reset Windows Password Zip file from
Extract the ISO image file: ResetWindowsPwd.iso from it.
Next, burn it to your CD/DVD in ISO2Disc utility. Select ISO file you have download in ISO Image, then select Burn to CD/DVD and click on the Start Burn button. If you want to burn it to your USB Flash drive then select that option.
4. Next, restart your Windows 8 computer. While booting up, press either DELETE key or F2 key to enter BIOS Setup Utility. Then find the Boot Device Priority section in your BIOS and set the 1st Boot Device to CD/DVD if you have created a bootable CD/DVD, or set the 1st Boot Device to Removable Device if you have created a bootable USB flash drive in step-3. Save the setting and restart your computer again. Next, Reset Windows Password is initialized.
5. Finally, select the user account you want to reset password and click on the Reset Password button. That are the complete steps to recovering a picture password in Windows 8.
Note that, if you enter picture password incorrectly 5 times, then you are prevented from using this feature again unless and until you sign in with your plain text password.