Microsft has a total different approach of syncing user configuration information rather than documents and other user data. Microsoft has a integrated sync feature which integrates to the Microsoft account somewhat similar to Apple iCloud. In this tutorial, we are showing you how to disable message Windows 8 needs to restart.
Steps to sync settings
1. Open the Charms bar by moving your mouse pointer over the right cornor of your screen. Alternatively you may press Windows key + C on Start screen to open Charms bar. Then select Settings.
2. Next, click on the More PC settings.
3. Make sure you are using Microsoft account to use sync feature. To use Microsoft account, click on the Users on the left pane and on right pane, click on the ‘Switch to a Microsoft account’. Make sure you have any Microsoft email account like hotmail, live, outlook account.
4. Next, type your microsoft email address and then click on the Next button. Make sure your internet connection is working.
5. Next, enter your email and password and click on the Next button.
6. Next, add security info and click on the Next button.
7. Finally, click on the Finish button.
8. Finally, go back to PC Settings (Step-3) and select the options you want to turn on by clicking on it. That are the complete steps to sync settings in Windows 8.
Note, Windows 8 settings sync won’t synchronizes your email or other documents but it will sync the user configuration details. That means it will save your email configuration to the cloud.