Playing Java Games: How to play Minecraft in Windows 8 ?
Are you an avid fan of Minecraft and want to play Minecraft right now on Windows 8? Nothing easier than that, follow this tutorial.
Minecraft is a game about placing blocks to build anything you can imagine. It is an online game.
Though it was pretty good till with windows 7. This polpular game had no issue with Windows 8′s predecessor. But somehow, It creates
problems in Windows 8.
In these tutorial, you can learn how to play Minecraft in Windows 8.
1. If you want to play Minecraft for free, please download this file from
2. Right-click on My Computer and select Property.
3. Now click on Advanced Sytem Settings
4. Now click on the Environment Variables button below.
5. Next click on the New button just below the variable names.
6. In the Variable name section, type Path.
in the Variable Values type the directory where JDK is installed in your machine.
Note, JDK is needed here, not JRE
Now click OK thrice to confirm this Path Setting.
7. Now right click on the Minecraft application downloaded from above source and select Run As Administrator.
8. Now the Login Screen will appear. Leave the User name blank and click on Enter Game.
Now after downloading the necessary files from internet, your Minecraft will be ready for playing.
Note , if anything goes wrong, repeat steps 7 and 8.