In this tutorial you will learn how lock folders in Windows 8 properly.
Steps to lock folders in Windows 8
1. Open the Windows Explorer by clicking Windows Explorer tile in Metro Start Menu.
2. Locate the desired folder which you want to lock. Then right click on it and select Properties..
3. Next, click on the Security tab.
4. Now select the user in Group or user names section to whom you want to lock the folder. Then click on the Edit button.
5. Next, Check the deny check box. Other checks will appear automatically. Click Apply.
6. Next, You will be prompted with Windows Security. Click on the Yes button. Then finally click on the OK button. That are the complete steps to lock folders in Windows 8.
Using the Windows 8 file and folder security feature you can revoke or add permissions for individual user or groups.