Whenever you open up links in Windows 8 and 8.1, you have the option of opening them up in IE10, IE11 or another browser set by you as a default such as Firefox or Chrome. Here is how you can change these settings in Windows 8:
1. Open up Control Panel
2. Click Internet options
3. Click on the Programs tab
4. Here are the settings described in details:
- Let Internet Explorer decide – As default settings, IE10 would decide whether the link would open in Win 8 UI or desktop IE10.
- Always in Internet Explorer (Metro) – This option would open up links always in IE Metro
- Always in Internet Explorer on the desktop – This would open up links in IE10 Desktop version.
- Open Internet Explorer tiles on the desktop