If you want rename your Windows 8 Computer, read to the tutorial below.
During the time of installation process it asks for your Computer Name. There is also might be a situation when you want to change your default Computer name.
You can change the default My Computer name to your name or your favourite character’s name etc.
To change your computer’s name you must be logged on as an administrator or a member of the Administrators group.
If you want to rename your Windows 8 Computer, read the instructions carefully.
1. Press Windows button to open Start menu.
2. Now you can see many options are available there on the start menu. From that option click on the Desktop .
3. Right Click on My Computer icon and select Properties from the menu that appears.
4. It will show you the basic description about your computer.
Now click on Change Settings under Computer Name, Domain, Workgroup Settings.
5. The System Properties window will appear in front of you.
At the bottom you will find a Change button. Click on that button.
6. Now you can change your Computer Name in the Computer Name filed an click OK.
7. Now it will prompt you to restart your computer. Again click on the OK button to apply the changes.
After restarting you will notice that your Computer Name has been changed.