This tutorial will help you to prevent users form uninstalling Metro applications in Windows 8.
Every user of Windows 8 can have access to the Metro applications. Users can also uninstall applications that are installed by you. The purpose of preventing users from uninstalling the Metro Apps is that restoring of the uninstalled Apps consumes unnecessary bandwidth which is not desirable.
When you right click on an application you find the option uninstall. Clicking the option uninstalls the application.
The following steps will help you to prevent users from uninstalling Metro Apps in Windows 8.
Steps to prevent users form uninstalling Metro applications
1. Press Windows+R to open the Run Windows and then type the following text :
Then Press OK. The Local Group Policy Editor will open.
2. Double click to open User Configuration-> Double Click to open Administrative Templates-> open Start Menu and Taskbar
3. A long list of settings will come. From there you will find a setting named Prevent users from uninstalling applications from Start. The state of the settings will be Not configured.
4. Double click to open the setting. You will find 3 options viz. Not configured, Enabled and Disabled. Select the Enabled by clicking on the bubble beside. Press OK.
5. Now you see that the state of the required setting in the Local Group Policy Editor is changed to enabled.
6.You are done now. Now press the Windows button to go to the Start screen. Select an application and right click on it. You will no longer find the uninstall option.