If you want to install Windows 8 without a DVD, follow to the tutorial below.
If you are unable to install Windows 8 consumer preview from the installation DVD, then there is another way.
You can install Windows 8 by using USB drive also.
In order to install Windows 8 from a USB drive, you need an 4GB or larger USB flash drive.
You will need to format the disk and erase anything currently on it before using it.
A. First Download Windows 8 Consumer Preview from Microsoft .Download the ISO file of the Windows 8 Consumer preview. It is a disk image file which you can burn to a disc or load on a USB flash drive.
B. Download the Windows 7 USB/DVD download tool from
After downloading the both file follow the steps to continue.
1. Double click on Windows7-USB-DVD-tool.exe and click “run” when prompted.
2. Click Next to install the software.
3. Now open the Windows 7 USB/DVD Download Tool by double clicking on it.
Hit the browse button to navigate the folder where you stored the Windows 8 Consumer preview ISO file.
ClickNext to continue.
4. Next, it will ask you for choosing theMedia Type.
Choose USB Drive since we want to make a bootable USB flash drive.
5. At this point you will need to make sure that your USB flash drive is inserted and then choose the device from the box.
Then click Begin Copying to continue.
6. Then it starts copying all the files from the ISO file to the flash drive.
All you have to do is to wait for the progress meter to get to 100 percent. Once that happens, it’s safe to remove the USB drive from your PC.
Now restart your Computer and when prompted by ”Press any key to install Windows.” press any key to start installing windows. If your computer asks to select the booting device, then select USB Flash Driveto begin the installation of windows 8.