How to download and add fonts to Windows 8 (install them properly!)Written by: Oliver Krautscheid - Published: Wednesday, November 16th, 2011 - Comments
Adding New Fonts To Windows 8
It’s easy to install new fonts on Windows 8.
1. Download some fonts from popular font sites like http://www.dafont.com/
2. Next, simply right-click on the font that you downloaded and extract the zip file. You should now have several files including a *.otf or *.ttf file (don’t worry if you don’t see it, you might have extensions hidden)
3. Look for the file with a little letter icon and right-click on it, then click on Open:
4. Next, click on Install and confirm the UAC prompt:
This will now install the fonts on Windows 8 and you can use it in a Word document. After hitting the Install button the font will instantly become available. You might have to restart already opened programs like Word, Photoshop before you can use it.
Browse And Delete Fonts on Windows 8
If you want to browse your existing font collection and delete some fonts from Windows 8 do this
1. Click on the Start button and then on Search
2. Next click on settings on the right and then on Fonts
You will now get a list of all installed fonts. Select one and click the delete button to get rid off it.