Get Rid Of The Windows 8 Metro: Disable It On Desktop PC
Not everyone likes Windows 8 new metro desktop. You may want to disable Windows 8 metro desktop. Follow the steps provided in this tutorial to disable metro in Windows 8.
Disabling the Metro Theme, Design, Desktop
1. Open the Charms by moving your mouse pointer over the lower-left cornor of your screen. Select Search.
2. Type regedit in the Search Apps text box. Click on the regedit.
3. Click on Yes in the User Account Control box.
4. Next, navigate to following sub key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software by clicking their respective expand icon.
5. In Software sub key, navigate again to Microsoft by clicking it’s respective expand icon.
6. In Microsoft sub key, navigate again to Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer by clicking their respective expand icon one by one. Then on the right side of the pane you will see RPEnabled. Right click on it and select Modify.
7. Change the DWORD value data to 0. To disable Windows 8 metro desktop, we have to set it to 0 and to enable again we have to set it to 1. Now logoff or restart your computer to take effect. That are the complete steps to disable Windows 8 metro desktop.
Note, the steps provided in this tutorial will disable all new Metro UI and other features like new Task Manager, PDF Reader, Immersive IE, Metro Apps, Start Screen etc.