If you want to create a new partition in hard drive in Windows 8, refer to the tutorial below.
To create a new partion, you need unallocated space.
Unallocated space is basically disk space that is not formatted or not prepared for storage.
To create unallocated space, you need to shrink your hard drive. When you shrink you hard disk the remaining space becomes unallocated.
To do this,
1. Right click your My Computer icon and select Manage .
2. Now in the Computer management window, click on the Disk Management on the left pane.
3. Now select the drive from which you want to make a partition.
Rigt Click on the selected drive and choose Shrink Volume
4. There you have to enter the amount of space to shrink in megabytes (1024 megabytes = 1 gigabyte).
For example if you want to create a 1 gigabyte partition, enter 1024 megabytes in the text box. Now click “Shrink.”
5. You will then see the region of unallocated space (shaded black). Remember, this space is not yet usable.
Now you have to format the unallocated space. This will allow the space to become usable.
Right click in the region of unallocated space and select “New Simple Volume.”
6. This will launch a wizard (New Simple Volume Wizard).
Click Next to continue.
7. Next assign any drive letter which is not currently in use and click Next.
8. Select “NTFS” file system. You can choose any name for your partition in the “Volume Label”text box.
And then click Next.
9. Now click “Finish” to create the new partition.