So, you want to activate the administrator account in Windows 8 for administrative reasons? Here’s how, but be careful and don’t use this account as your main account.
1. Before we can activate the administrator account, we need to know how to open an elevated command prompt. This is easy stuff, but for beginners it’s still a problem, that’s why we added a tutorial for that.
2. Ok, you got that elevated command prompt? Good job! Confirm that it opened C:\Windows\system32
3. Now enter the command net user administrator /active:yes (type everything in bold):
4. If it says The command completed successfully, the admin account is now active and you can log in.
5. Log off and you will the account on the login screen – or simply use the Metro app and click on your username to switch to the admin account