Steps to access appdata
1. On the Start screen, select Desktop tile.
2. Next, On the desktop screen, double click on the Computer icon to open it. If you don’t see Computer icon on your desktop then unhide it by checking desktop icon in Control Panel >> Appearance and Personalization >> Personalization >> Change desktop icons.
3. Next, Double click on the C drive to open it and then open folder named Users.
4. Next, open your user folder. In my case, it is uttamsh. This is the name you gave during Windows 8 installation.
5. The ‘Appdata’ folder is located here but you might not able to see it at first because this folder is hidden. To unhide the AppData folder, click on the View on the menu bar and tick / check Hidden items. Then you will see the folder AppData. That are the complete steps to access AppData.
The folder AppData is a system file which is hidden by default. This folder consists of sub folders like Local, Roaming, LocalLow which contains the user data, settings, IE browsing history, temporary files etc.