Disable Caps Lock Key in Windows 8 Using This Simple Method
It’s a common problem that often the Caps Lock is pressed on by mistake while pressing keys like Tab, A, Z and others. In many security functions where we have to type things that are case sensitive, turning Caps Lock by mistake can cause many problems. Hence, for that purpose we can disable the Caps Lock. The following steps will show you how to disable Caps Lock.
Steps to disable Caps Lock Key in Windows 8
1. Press Windows+C to open the Windows Charm Screen-> Go to Search to open the Apps Search Field.
Now, just type regedit.exe in the search field.
2. You will find an option on the left side of the registry editor called HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE. Expand it.
3. Go to SYSTEM and expand it.
4. Choose CONTROL and expand it.
5. Choose KeyBoard Layout and expand it.
6. In the right side of the screen Right click-> Go to New-> Select Binary Value.
7. Name it Scancode Map.
8. Double click on it and write the value 00000000 00000000 02000000 00003A00 00000000 and press OK.
The explanation behind the above value is as follows:
i. The first byte is the header information.
ii. The second byte is the header flag.
iii. The next byte represents the number of keys you are remapping+ 1(for NULL Terminator).
iv. Look carefully at the third byte. The first 4 bits means we want Windows to map 0. The second 4 bits represent the keys which we want to remap to 0. In this case it is Caps Lock and the code is 3A00.
v. The last byte is the NULL Terminator.
9. Close the Registry Editor and Reboot. It is done.