Don’t like the Start text on your Metro desktop? Well, let’s edit it and change it to something more personal like Bob’s PC
What is the “Start” text?
When you open windows 8 metro desktop, then you can see in the upper left corner, the word “Start” is written there. This is “Start” Text. Unfortunately, Windows 8 doesn’t allow to change the “Start” text from the Control Panel.
To edit this text into any word of your choice, follow the instructions below.
2. Install these two. In the second file, install the file “Install Take Ownership”.
3. Open the folder C:\Windows\System32\en-US.Take ownership of the file twinui.dll.mui.
4. Now open the file twinui.dll.mui in Resource Tuner and navigate to string number 235.
5. Now click on “Start” and then click on the Edit button.
After editing the text, click on the Ok button.
Now a pop-up window will appear asking your permission to save this file in your desktop.
You can see the text is changed here.
6. Now change the filename twinui.dll.mui of the original folder to another name. Copy the file from desktop to the same folder :C:\Windows\System32\en-US . It will seek your permission.
7. Reboot you machine to see name changed.