If you need to make room for new media, here’s how you would create partitions in Windows 8 easily without 3rd-party tools.
Disk management has always been one of the strengths of Windows and this doesn’t change. If you’re having problem to partition a drive, follow this tutorial. Yes, there are various partition programs that allow you to create partitions quickly, but Windows 8 is capable of doing it all.
Creating a partition in Windows 8 is easy!
1. In your Metro Start Menu, click on the lower left corner and the Start menu pops up. Click on Search.
2. Next, type compmgmt.msc in the Search App box. Click on compmgmt icon on the left side.
3. Next, Computer Management window opens. On the left side, click on the Disk Management.
4. Next, Right-click on the unallocated space and then select New Simple Volume.
5. Next, the New Simple Volume Wizard starts. Click on the Next to continue.
6. Next, adjust the new volume size and click on the Next button.
7. Next, select the drive letter and click Next.
8. Next, select ‘Format this volume with the following settings’ and check ‘Perform a quick format’ and Enter the Volume Label. Click Next when done.
9. Finally, click on the Finish button. That are the complete steps to partition a hard drive in Windows 8.
It is quite easy to partition in Windows 8 unlike earlier version of Windows.