This tutorial leads you step by step through the process of changing wallpapers.
What is Wallpaper or Desktop Background?
Wallpaper is nothing but the background pattern or picture against which desktop menus, icons, and other elements are displayed and moved around. A wallpaper image can be in a .JPEG or a .GIF format.
“Wallpaper” is the term used in Microsoft Windows before the Windows Vista edition. In the versions of Windows, released after Windows XP, it is called the “Desktop Background”. In Mac OS X it is called a “Desktop Picture”. But now a day the term “Wallpaper” is commonly used by the users of all type of Operating Systems. A wallpaper image may be centered, stretched, or tiled. Like Windows 7, Windows 8 can also be set to cycle through pictures from a folder at desired intervals.
To know, how to change Desktop Background in Windows 8 simply follow these steps as mentioned below:-
1. At first Open the Desktop by clicking Desktop tile on the Start Screen on your Windows 8.
2. Right click on your desktop and select Personalize.
3. Now just left click on the Desktop Background link located at the very bottom of the window.
4. Next click on the Browse option to navigate to your picture folder.
5. Select any pictures to select that as your Desktop Background.
6. Now, from Change picture every: option select the time interval of changing your Desktop Background automatically. You may select 10 second, 1 minute, 30 minutes, 1 hour, 2 hours, 6 hours, 12 hours even a day. If you want to randomize your background images just check Shuffle box. You may also select picture position according to your wish.
7. Finally just click on OK to apply the changes.
You are done. Now, whenever you want to change your Desktop Wallpaper or Desktop Wallpaper Set just follow these simple steps again.