Beginner: How to add or remove programs in Windows 8
If you are moving from Windows 7 to Windows 8, you will find the add or remove programs feature quite similar. This article explains how to use that feature.
Add or remove programs in Windows 8
The Add Remove programs feature allows you to add or remove applications in a clean manner so that no residue of the application you removed is left. The following steps will guide you to use this feature.
1. In the Metro Start Menu, click on the lower left corner. The Start menu pops up. Click on Search.
2. From the Apps list that appears, click on Control Panel.
3. In the Control Panel , click on More Settings. This will take you to Control Panel window.
4. Click on Program and Features .
5. Select the program you want to change or remove.
6. Right click the program and select the required operation.
Most applications now provide their own uninstallers but for others you can change / uninstall them manually using Add or Remove Programs feature in Windows 8.