1. Let’s open the Personalization Control Panel
2. On there you can now select from the pre-installed Windows 8 themes e.g. the new Aero themes
3. However if you have already installed some themes, you will always find them here.
4. If you want a greater selection of themes, download some from our site and then double-click on them. In Windows 8 there is a new file format called *.deskthemepack – simply double-click on the file to apply it:
5. After you double-clicked on the *.deskthemepack the theme will automatically apply new desktop backgrounds:
The new theme will appear on the Control Panel as seen above. As you can see applying new themes is quite easy and doesn’t require a lot of steps. However, if you want to apply shell themes, that’s another story. For that we have a new tutorial, so check back later.