Adding and initializing a new hard drive in Windows 8 is super easy
A disk drive that reads data stored on hard disks called Hard Drive.
Hard disk is a device for storing and retrieving digital information. It stores all of your computer programs and files.
If the drive is damaged for some reason, you will lose all information stored in that drive of your computer.
That why now-a-days people purchases external Hard disk for increasing the storage of the computer.
External hard disk is the best solution for backing up your computer files or documents in it.
If you want to add a hard drive in Windows 8, follow the instructions below.
1. Login to Windows 8 Consumer preview and make sure that your new hard disk is physically connected.
2. Open Desktop by pressing Windows + M or by clicking on Desktop from start menu.
3. Right click on the My Computer icon and from the menu that appears click on Manage option.
4. It opens Computer Management window. Click on Disk Management option on the left pane.
5. If you have installed a new hard disk then it will automatically be displayed with Initialize Disk box with the checkbox checked on the hard disk that is newly installed and needs to be initialized.
6. Click on the OK button to leave everything as default and initialize the newly connected hard disk.
Once it is initialized, the hard disk can then be partitioned and formatted.